- Schweiter Technologies develops business in the areas of composite materials and mechanical engineering. It currently comprises the two divisions 3A Composites and SSM Textile Machinery.
- The individual divisions are, or have the potential to be, global market leaders in their segments; they are organisationally and financially separate units.
- At the core of the strategy are innovation, customer centricity and value creation as key success factor.
- Schweiter Technologies actively fosters lean structures and direct lines of communication. The same attention is devoted to nurturing management skills as to developing the divisions.
- Schweiter Technologies aims to strengthen its current positions through acquisitions – divestments are made only when better owners than Schweiter can be found.
- In addition to overseeing the executive leadership, the Board of Directors is also charged with defining and implementing acquisition strategy.
In addition to traditional machine construction, the portfolio is concentrated primarily on the composites business in the core materials, architecture, display and transportation sectors. As far as possible, the high cash holding is to be used for future proof acquisitions in existing and/or new areas of business.