- Schweiter Technologies is increasing its 40% minority holding by taking over the remaining 60% of the stock.
- The agreement to purchase the rest of the shares in JMB Wind Engineering (“JMB”) has been signed and completed, further strengthening the Core Materials business of 3A Composites.
The company acquired has approximately 430 employees and achieved sales of around EUR 70 million in the 2022 business year.
Schweiter Technologies acquired a 40% share of JMB in 2021 to establish a strategic partnership with a leading European kitting company. The acquisition of the remaining holding in JMB and the successful commissioning of a new PET production line at JMB Poland in early 2023 saw 3A Composites further expand its leading global market position for balsa and PET core material solutions for the production of wind turbine rotor blades. This addition to the value chain will enable the company to offer an even better portfolio of solutions to wind customer OEMs and place itself in an ideal position to benefit further from the pending growth cycle in the wind energy industry, which is expected to last for a number of years.
For further information please contact:
Martin Klöti, CFO
Tel. +41 41 757 77 00